Dentures in Houston, TX
Dentures are removable dental appliances designed to replace missing teeth and surrounding tissues. They serve several important functions:
- Chewing Function: Dentures restore the ability to bite and chew a variety of foods, addressing challenges caused by missing teeth.
- Aesthetic Appearance: Dentures enhance the smile and facial aesthetics by providing a natural-looking replacement for missing teeth.
- Speech Improvement: Dentures help improve speech patterns affected by missing teeth by supporting the lips and tongue.
- Support for Facial Muscles: Dentures prevent changes in facial structure by providing support to the facial muscles and underlying bone.
- Boost in Confidence: By restoring a complete and natural-looking smile, dentures contribute to increased self-esteem and confidence, positively impacting social interactions.
Complete dentures are removable dental prosthetics designed to replace all missing teeth in either the upper or lower jaw, or both. Crafted from durable materials like acrylic resin or porcelain, complete dentures aim to restore both the aesthetic appearance and functional capabilities of natural teeth. Custom-made to fit the unique contours of the patient’s mouth, these prosthetics are supported by the underlying oral tissues, relying on suction and muscle control for stability. While modern advancements have introduced implant-supported alternatives, complete dentures remain a viable option for individuals seeking a non-invasive and cost-effective solution to total tooth loss.
Partial dentures are removable dental appliances designed to replace missing teeth when a patient retains some of their natural teeth. Crafted from a combination of metal and acrylic materials, partial dentures consist of artificial teeth attached to a gum-colored base. These appliances are custom-made to fit snugly in the patient’s mouth and are held in place by clasps or precision attachments that anchor to existing natural teeth. Partial dentures not only restore a person’s ability to chew and speak effectively but also help maintain proper alignment of the remaining natural teeth.Request a Consultation